The present data protection notice describes the conditions under which the non-profit organisation Capitale Européenne de la Culture 2022, registered with the Luxembourg Trade and Companies Register under number F10850, having its registered office at 163 rue de Luxembourg, L-4222 Esch-sur-Alzette (« we » or « Esch2022 »), collects and processes personal data pertaining to the visitors (the «Visitors») and users who have created an account (« Users » or « you ») of its website, located at the following URL: https://futurefrequencies.esch2022.lu/ (the « Website »).
What personal data does Esch2022 process ?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
With the exception of the data mentioned in the provision „Cookies“ below, we do not collect personal data other than those you voluntarily enter when applying to participate in the Future Frequencies workshop or that you voluntarily provide us with by email, notably when you send us a contact request, namely your name, first name and email address, and any other personal data you may provide us with (the « Contact details »).
For what purposes are the personal data collected via the Website processed?
Personal data collected by Esch2022 (the « Personal Data ») will be processed by Esch2022 for the following purposes:
- communicate with you and provide you with the information requested ;
- submit and manage your application to participate in the Future Frequencies workshop ;
- promote our activities (i.e. sending of newsletters about our latest news) ;
- processing of access, rectification and opposition requests, and other rights with respect to Personal Data ;
- claims and litigation management ;
- production of statistics to enhance the Website performance.
The processing of the Personal Data is necessary for Esch2022 to provide Visitors/Users with the services they requested, as well as to enable Esch2022 to fulfil its legal obligations. This processing is also necessary for the legitimate interest of Esch2022 as it enable it to promote its activities, communicate on its programme and improve the navigation experience on the Website.
These purposes constitute the legal basis for the data processing carried out by Esch2022.
Who are the data recipients ?
Personal Data will be processed internally by duly authorized persons, within the limits of their respective attributions.
They may also be communicated to the following third-parties:
- competent administrative and judicial authorities, such as tax authorities, to enable Esch2022 to fulfill its legal obligations in this regards ;
- Esch2022 data processors (including IT service providers hosting the data) and external services providers (such as web designers, communication agencies, legal advisers, etc.), to the strictest extent necessary and subject to the existence of contractual guarantees to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data.
How does Esch2022 ensure the security of Personal Data ?
Personal Data collected by Esch2022 will be processed by Esch2022 as a data controller, in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation (i.e. EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (known as “GDPR”) and Luxembourg law dated 1st August 2018 on the organisation of the National Data Protection Commission and the general data protection framework, as well as any successor texts).
Esch2022 undertakes to implement technical and organizational security measures to ensure the protection of Personal Data against the risks associated with the use of information systems.
Esch2022 follows generally accepted security standards to protect the Visitors’ and Users’ Personal Data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, Esch2022 cannot guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Data.
The Visitors’ contact details are retained for the time necessary to process the request and to establish that we have responded to it. Upon the dissolution of Esch2022, i.e. at the end of its activities in June 2023, the Personal Data collected through the Website will be purely and simply destroyed, except in case of litigation.
The user account created to submit your application and the related data are kept until the final selection of candidates by the selection committee of Esch 2022. When Esch2022 is dissolved, i.e., when the activities end in June 2023, the Personal Data collected through the Website will be purely and simply destroyed, except in case of litigation.
For more information on the retention period of your Personal Data, you can contact us at the contact address mentioned below.
What are the Visitors’/Users’ rights ?
In accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, and subject to the limits provided by the applicable rules, you are entitled to obtain, free of charge :
- access to the Personal Data pertaining to them ;
- confirmation that their Personal Data is or is not being processed ;
- information concerning at least the purposes of the processing, the categories of data to which the processing relates and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data are communicated ; and
- communication, in an intelligible form, of the data being processed.
Subject to the limits provided by the applicable rules, you may also have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified, object to the collect and processing of such data, on grounds relating to their particular situation, request the erasure of all or part of the data or a restriction of the processing, and make use of their right to data portability. However, Esch2022 can only respond favourably to the request for erasure within certain limits, in particular those related to its legal obligations as a data controller.
These rights may be exercised in written, by email addressed to : email@example.com. Esch2022 reserves the right to request a scan / hard copy of your ID so that we can verify your identity before processing your request.
You can also object to the sending of newsletters at any time, either by following the instructions mentioned on the newsletter or by sending an email to the above mentioned address.
For more information on how Personal Data are collected and processed by Esch2022 or on how to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, you can contact us at the above mentioned address.
In the event of a breach of the data protection rules, you may also lodge a complaint before a supervisory authority such as the National Commission for Data Protection (CNPD), having its head office 15, Boulevard du Jazz. L-4370 Belvaux . In this context, the CNPD provides an online complaint form: https://cnpd.public.lu/en/particuliers/faire-valoir/formulaire-plainte.html
What are cookies ?
The Website uses „cookies“ and similar tools. „Cookies“ are small text files left on the computer used to visit the Website. Cookies collect information about your operating system, such as your IP address (Internet Protocol), browser and operating system, the date and time of the visit, the registration information or the Visitors’ navigational history and preferences.
Some cookies are necessary for you to benefit from the full functionality of the Website, others to prevent the fraudulent use of login information and to protect Visitors’ Personal Data against unauthorized third-parties. Other cookies are used to allow and facilitate navigation on the Website notably by memorising the Visitors’ navigation preferences or to help them avoiding having to re-enter personal information.
These cookies do not require your consent prior to their deposit. You may nevertheless refuse them by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
Others cookies used by Esch2022 on the Website require your prior consent, i.e.:
- cookies used for statistical analysis and management purposes traffic in order to determine which are the most visited pages, the most used links, or how visitors navigate from one page to another (Google Analytics, Hotjar cookies). These cookies are used to improve the ergonomics of the Website and the interest of its services, and to allow us to develop new services or functionalities ; and
- cookies allowing to share the content of the Website and advertisement with other people via social media (i.e. Facebook and its partners – Facebook Pixel cookies).
Cookies are deleted after a period of 6 months from their date of deposit in the terminal equipment of the Visitor/User.